If you are like most homeowners your bookshelves are junk collectors and are not visually appealing. Perhaps you have been searching for tips to arrange your bookshelves like the pro’s. Well your search is over.
Just about every client we work with has a need for creative shelving and bookshelves and like you, they wonder how to style them.
Styled correctly, your bookshelves can be a great way to add both function and beauty to a room. You can use bookshelves to reinforce color schemes or you can use bookshelves to display collections in unique ways.
How can you do that and where do you start?
- Take inventory by removing everything and then grouping similar items together.
- Edit items to include only the items you love.
- Consider the feel of your home. If it is minimal and light and airy then your bookshelf should mimic the feel.
- Start with the books you want to display. Use small groupings and place some vertically and some horizontal. Grouping by color can be stunning.
- Add reflective elements such as mirrors, greenery, attractive boxes or baskets, battery-powered lighting and decorative paper placed on the backs of the shelves.
It may take a few tries to arrange your bookshelves; sometimes the best thing to do is to leave it for a few days and try again.
This graphic has some Tips on Arranging your
Bookshelves like the Pro’s
Click to Enlarge Image