Our clients had bought this 1960’s home during the Denver housing spike and felt that it was the best of the homes that were available in their price range. They felt it had good bones and knew that a talented designer could bring it to life.
They had done remodeling projects in the past but never wanted to take them on alone again. This wheat ridge kitchen remodels project was especially challenging due to the small space, a swamp cooler that had to be relocated, and metal baseboard radiators.
They were thrilled when they learned about my Design Matchmaking service as they were feeling overwhelmed about the process of finding the right designer and contractor. Marina met with them in their home and matched them to Jamie, one of many talented designers Designer Premier represents.
The goal was to open up the wall between the kitchen and the family room. This would allow them to have the island they so desired and a much larger functioning kitchen.
Below is the rough scope of their wish list:
- New cabinets layout with island
- Kitchen island to have hood and range with gas line (existing gas line downstairs)
- Reconfiguration of refrigerator and dishwasher locations
- Include under cabinet lights
- Add can light and possibly pendant lights
- New appliances
- Sand and re-finish existing and lace in new flooring for kitchen
- Option: new hardwood (based on cost)
- Keep white brick fireplace
- New wood mantel
- Run electrical for TV above the fireplace
- Paint throughout the kitchen, family room, and hallway
- Re-Paint white brick fireplace
- Move swamp cooler to the roof
- Reconfigure and repair metal baseboard radiators
- Replace railing with metal railing
- Change back door to French doors depending on cost.
- Vault ceiling depending on cost
I am sure that you would agree that Jamie did a fabulous job of recreating the space. She created a very functional floor plan and selected some fun material selections that make this small kitchen look welcoming and much larger. Now the kitchen is a “center point” for the whole house.
Thinking of remodeling or adding on to your home – let us simplify the process by matching you with the right design pros.